Router

4 replies
Captain
Votes:
+4
5 years service
My router is an Asus RT-1900ac and it keeps dropping the connection and it overheats non-stop. Was working great for the first couple years, now it isn't.

Need some suggestions? Mesh or standard router? I need something simple for wireless.

Thanks homos!!

*S*
iCJFLC0.gif
Posted Apr 13, 19 · OP
Major
Votes:
+53
5 years service
I bought the Google mesh last year, and have had zero issues. Simple set up, and all controlled by a phone app. We have up to 12 devices pulling from it at times, and no one has complained about bad connections. I changed over from a ASUS router that was always overheating until it finally died.

*S*
fish702.gif
Posted Apr 14, 19
Captain
Votes:
+4
5 years service
I decided to try a new router, not sure if it was worth the money I paid for it. It wasn't cheap and wasn't the most expensive one. It looks like a giant spider, that's what my 4yo daughter claims it to be. I bought the ASUS ROG Rapture AX11000 Tri-band Wifi 6 router. This is the bells and whistle of routers, it has just about everything in it. Not sure if it is worth it, but I'll give it a week or so. I'd consider the Google Mesh system too.

*S*
iCJFLC0.gif
Posted Tue at 01:17 pm · OP
Captain
Votes:
+4
5 years service
So the ASUS ROG Rapture AX11000, worked for exactly 1 day, and then no connections. System log errors. Sent back to Amazon for refund. Then ordered Synology AC1900 router, plugged it in and logged into. This requires you to setup up completely, like writing a config from scratch for an enterprise network. I don't have the hours on end to do this at home. I'm sure it was a good router, but back in the box it went and back to Amazon. Then ordered the Orbi's, got that from Amazon, but they sent the wrong one and I got refurbed Orbi's instead. Those went back to Amazon. Went down to BestBuy and bought the exact same Orbi, same price and set them up. They work great, no issues so far.

*S*
iCJFLC0.gif
Posted 13 hours ago · OP
Major
Votes:
+53
5 years service
Hope that works for you. Like I said the Google mesh has been fantastic, . Although my kids hate it because i can shut them down from work with a flick of a button on my phone app.

*S*
fish702.gif
Posted 3 hours ago
ATF Discord Viewer
ATF Clan
icon Voice Channels
Join Server
NoticeNotices