Paramotor Sport

5 replies
Corporal
Votes:
+9
ROTC
Been wanting to get into Paramotors for 12 years now and got the bug back again. I think this time I am going to follow through as things are aligned for it finally. Paramotor is where you have a prop motor strapped to your back and a wing for lift. Anyone ever done this or into it?

The link below gives a good example of how my training would be as I would be going to that school. Check it out, you will enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZZXfM1f9sM

*S*
ClJQt4V.gif
Posted Mar 14, 19 · OP
Colonel
Votes:
+79
5 years service
I like to know your progress on this. I've had an interest myself.

*S*
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
3914521.jpg
Posted Mar 14, 19
Major
Votes:
5 years service
I've thought about trying that as well. Looks like a lot of fun.

*S*
Posted Mar 15, 19
Corporal
Votes:
+9
ROTC
It's done. I am scheduled for 10 days of training at Aviator PPG in lake wales FL. I start July 6th. They said the average wait time is 18 months. Because they are basically the cream of the crop school in the world at this time, located in FL, and Tucker Gott, who is the most viewed PPG youtuber, whom was trained there and supports them, they stay very busy. I was able to grab a spot from someone who had to cancel for whatever reason. The training is $3,500 and by the end we should be comfortable on our own in the air and have met some like minded people to possibly fly with in the future. I am the guy that has no fear of pretty much anything, as I will research things to the point of no return and my confidence level is bar none. I am stoked to have a date set, instead of just wishing that this would one day be a reality. I will keep ya's posted. In the meantime I have a reason to cut some weight and get into shape for this adventure. Hopefully this sport will help me make other important changes in my life as I have become bored with most everything.

Here is a link to Tuckers channel. Even if you want nothing to do with this sport I believe this channel is gold. Check it out. Let me know if you have any questions about the sport as I would be more than happy to help guide you in the right direction.

https://www.youtube.com/user/J3Cub2009

*S*
ClJQt4V.gif
Posted Mar 18, 19 · OP
Colonel
Votes:
+79
5 years service
Excellent! Do you have to bring your own equipment?

*S*
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
3914521.jpg
Posted Fri at 02:57 pm
Corporal
Votes:
+9
ROTC
Negative. They provide everything. Supposedly each student gets a brand new wing. You don't get to keep any of the gear though. The cool thing is after the course you have an idea of what you might want to buy and you can purchase gear from them instead of buying used gear from someone on Facebook or Craigslist.

*S*
ClJQt4V.gif
Posted Fri at 08:38 pm · OP
ATF Discord Viewer
ATF Clan
icon Voice Channels
Join Server
NoticeNotices