Apex Legends- Free to play on Origin

7 replies
Corporal
Votes:
+3
5 years service
If you have not heard of this game by now, you probably live with Patrick under his rock. I absolutely hate the Battle Royal scene, Fortnight is nothing but raging 8 year olds/dance parties and PUBG is just a buggy mess of realistic gunplay. But this, this game has something going for it. From the guns to the mods, the map to the movement, everything about this game is butter, and I like butter. So If anybody else in this lovely rag tag group of Homo's plays, I would like to post up Origin usernames in this thread. I play on PC btw but feel free to share if you play on another console as well.

My Origin username is BloodyPix3lz

*S*
enjin-1334431-17834365-blue.png
Posted Mon at 04:03 pm · OP
Colonel
Votes:
+28
Admins
15 years service
I played it for a few hours yesterday and actually won a game. The biggest thing about this one is the ping feature where you can ping enemies and items and general directions where your squad should go among other things. It's really stylized too with billboards of the top players and such. Also it has classes with abilities and they add to the gameplay experience.

It still has that battle Royale core gameplay though so there are periods where you can spend 15 minutes without encountering anyone then suddenly get killed by someone you don't even see. That doesn't happen very often though because you can get rechargeable shields that add a lot to your survivability. Also there's no solo queue so you will always be in a squad of 3 max if no one disconnects.

*S*
ATFGriff2_zpssqweallq.GIF
Posted Mon at 04:32 pm
Corporal
Votes:
+9
ROTC
The game is sweet. It will most likely be my next focus of attention. It has the BR feeling without the slow or lonely feeling other BR games have. The games are quick paced and even upon losing you get back into the game quickly for now. If you die you can be resurrected unlike other BR games. This allows you to still enjoy the game in the hopes that your teammates can revive you. It also has more complexity than the typical BR game being that there are characters with special powers.

I can go on and on about this game and how well everything works right off the bat. I see good things here.

ATF_PhOBiA game name.

*S*
ClJQt4V.gif
Posted Wed at 06:55 pm
Sergeant
Votes:
+5
10 years of service
I've never been a BR fan. But, I'm a huge fan of longer TTK shooters than what we have gotten used to the past decade or so. There's nothing fun about being one shot in any game. Ever. This one little change gives Apex a completely different feel during play and I'd argue it's far, far better off for it.

Origin: Stickm4n

*S*
a07y0D2.gif
6cBl5Ht.png
Posted Wed at 07:01 pm · Last edited Wed at 19:02 by [ATF] Stickman
Corporal
Votes:
+9
ROTC
I would say the game still has a hardcore fps feel. Yea there is a little more wiggle room compared to the instant death you may experience in other games like PUBG or Counter Strike but overall you still will get owned very quickly. To me the main difference is you do not feel like you invested so much time to only die instantly after spending 10 minutes or so somewhat bored. Even when you do die there is still the chance to be saved and watching your team finish the fight is enjoyable.

A big difference is the movement factor. The game movement is much faster than PUBG which can make it difficult to hit people while also allowing for an escape to quickly heal and get back into it the fight. This game brings back a key factor PUBG is missing, movement while engaging. You can move around quickly, you can slide around gaining speed, you can air strafe, you can use zip lines to traverse and gain altitude, there is no fall damage to worry about and did I already mention air strafe wtf. So fkn happy to see air strafing again. If you are someone that enjoys moving around a map just as much as shooting someone in the face then this game has a nice balance.

The map is beautiful with much topography making for dynamic battles that are rich and complex. Again there are many ways to interact with the map which help with strategy, movement and just not feeling like the same old map every round.

Shot registration and overall server performance is excellent with the occasional slow downs as we are used to seeing in this genre.

This game is so rich in complexity that I can see it taking years to achieve your potential. With that being said there is a lot to learn which some people do not have the time to invest. You could just focus on one character to get up to speed but there is a limit that you can only use one of the specific characters per your 3 man team. So there will be games that you are forced to play a different character unless your team lets you pick your favorite.

Fair warning, you will get owned when you first start playing this game. To the point where I can see people easily giving up. If you are not into BR games then I don't think this will change your mind. If you do like BR games then this is a fast paced BR game that doesn't have the slow downs where you wait and wait to only be frustrated upon dying. Overall it is free and worth downloading to experience it, even if it is not for you.

This game is already taking over the BR genre and I see a nice future here if you are willing to invest the time into it.

*S*
ClJQt4V.gif
Posted Wed at 09:53 pm
Corporal
Votes:
+4
10 years of service
Playing to loving the game ATF_SilentGhosts on origin *S*
Posted Wed at 11:39 pm
General
Votes:
15 years service
Lot of the CoD Platoon guys and girls play this also - if your looking you can always stop down and see if anyone wants to play

ATF_Ozzie is username
Posted 19 hours ago
Colonel
Votes:
+44
10 years of service
ATF_Rozar

I'm new, I'm horrible, and I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Let's play!

*S*
JB6o9mq.png
Posted 3 hours ago
ATF Discord Viewer
ATF Clan
icon Voice Channels
Join Server
NoticeNotices