Page
of 2

Computer Speakers

13 replies
Captain
Votes:
+24
5 years service
Honestly, I use a 2.1 channel samsung sound bar w/wireless sub. Blows me out of the water in my 15x10 office/room. And no, it's not a new soundbar. The thing has been around since at least 2015, and I found a floor model at a local best buy for around $200 if I recall...

*S*
Vmif5XY.gif
Posted Mar 5, 19
Major
Votes:
+34
10 years of service
This is a question of how much you are willing to spend. I have the Bose ones mentioned above and they are great. If you like style, the Harmon Kardon sound sticks, imo sound as good, and look so much better.

*S*
spaulding.gif
[img][/img]
Posted Mar 19, 19
Corporal
Votes:
+9
ROTC
I have never owned bose speakers but I have done a vast amount of research building my home theater. From what I have read, the audiophiles typically stay away from bose. The main reason from what I can remember, is price versus quality not being on par with other competitors. Others really love bose and swear by them. I think either way you would be happy. I decided to go with klipsch and man the sound is the best I have heard. I did have a sub woofer die on me earlier than it should have so that is not good, but overall to me the sound is amazing. I would agree with getting a unit with a small sub as I have a very old gateway 2.1 system in my office that sounds great and the sub definitely gives the sound nice depth when you are dealing with 2 smaller speakers.

*S*
ClJQt4V.gif
Posted Mar 19, 19
Major
Votes:
+53
5 years service
For what you pay for BOSE, you can get a good set of Studio Monitors that will be much better than the BOSE. Look at JBL, Yamaha, or Edifier. Most will connect directly to your sound card, or motherboard. I had Yamaha HS5's, awesome for music, gaming, or watching movies. Then I got an ultrawide monitor, and had no room on my current desk for them. Now my kid has them, and I have his Logitech Z623 speakers .
fish702.gif
Posted Mar 19, 19
Page
of 2
ATF Discord Viewer
ATF Clan
icon Voice Channels
Join Server
NoticeNotices