Page
of 2

Altered Carbon (not recommoned for fans of the books)

18 replies
Corporal
Votes:
+23
5 years service
As with most books, a major issue is with the main characters internal monologue. A funny bit but missing in the tv show is how most people mispronounce his name, korvac not a K but with a hard CH at the end, he is slavic/japanese. core-vach I think is the right way, this bugs him endlessly in the book lol. Another thing is the culture shock of seeing so many different types of people, his world is mainly japanese founding built with slavic slave laborers.
A huge diff with the hotel is its called the hendrix..as in jimmy hendrix...the room he gets is called that watchtower suite. But the hendrix family is anti any violence associated with the name so it had to be rewritten.
If you haven't read the books its a great show even with a bit of clunky writing. But for fans of the books its like retelling star wars a new hope, but with solo, chewy, vader and the jedi not in the story, but if you dont know about those character plot-lines you dont miss them :p How do you tell empire strikes back and return of the jedi now? best way I can explain it. and its why I'm so disappointed.

*S*
1X7LLj8.jpg
Posted Feb 9, 18 · OP
General
Votes:
+78
Admins
HoH
15 years service
Actually meth is explained in first episode, but they only spend like 30 seconds on it, it basically gives the explanation of the bible reference in one or two lines. Anyone who reads the bible, or has read Heinlein's Methuselah's Children would catch the reference very quickly as i did.

*S*
Hs23sNf.jpg
Posted Feb 11, 18
Major
Votes:
+57
10 years of service
Prime Pony
Fuck books :) . I demand instant gratification from watching a show/movie. Book readers are such elitist jerks!!!! Altered Carbon was pretty good. Could it have been better? Yes but well worth your time. Another show I just started watching was Dark Matter and it's been enjoyable. *S*
HbKD4OB.png
Posted Mar 2, 18
Corporal
Votes:
+23
5 years service
FUCK people who say fuck books! Yea I been on dark matter since ep1, it was intriguing them all waking up with no memories. But on altered carbon, the changes made were so made to make the females have strong roles...which if they would have followed the story they were already there. making changes to make the story better or short or fit into a time frame, understandable, making changed because female dynamics it bullshit!
*S*
1X7LLj8.jpg
Posted Mar 4, 18 · OP
Major
Votes:
+34
10 years of service
I'll give it a whirl.

*S*
spaulding.gif
[img][/img]
Posted Mar 23, 18
Colonel
Votes:
+29
Admins
15 years service
Finally finished watching this show. I absolutely loved the ending. Definitely watch this to the end.

*S*
ATFGriff2_zpssqweallq.GIF
Posted Mar 25, 18
[ATF] Synergy JCStagsMOD
Colonel
Votes:
+6
5 years service
Super Moderator
Can't wait for the next season, though some parts did seem a little rough but I haven't read the books to skew my view as much it seems. The ending monologue wasn't a surprise after the reveal towards the last 1-2? episodes, was hoping for more of a cliffhanger.

*S*
tuiZ709.gif
"You are filled with the power of Aegolism."
Posted May 18, 18
Corporal
Votes:
+23
5 years service
Ghent, the books are sooooo worth it. they read very fast. If you read any articles by the show runners/ writers they admit they removed or rewrote any scene where women were tortured. Altho that makes no since, as you can be in a male or female body.So the gender politic of it is moot. Sorry just bugs me lol.
*S*
1X7LLj8.jpg
Posted Mar 5, 19 · OP
Major
Votes:
+34
10 years of service
I dug it. Especially the extended naked chick fight. Quality entertainment there.

*S*
spaulding.gif
[img][/img]
Posted Mar 10, 19
Page
of 2
ATF Discord Viewer
ATF Clan
icon Voice Channels
Join Server
NoticeNotices