American Gods

8 replies
Colonel
Votes:
+29
Admins
15 years service
Did you see that? I didn't read the book so I'm going in blind and don't know how it compares, but what I saw was very impressive.

*S*
ATFGriff2_zpssqweallq.GIF
Posted May 1, 17 · OP
Major
Votes:
+52
5 years service
I haven't read the book either. The show does look interesting though, and I am struggling to find shows to watch at this time.
*S*
fish702.gif
Posted May 2, 17
Major
Votes:
+34
10 years of service
I have read the book which was pretty awesome and then listened to the audio book, which is a dramatization with voice actors not a straight reading and it was awesome too. I am cord cutter though so I would have to buy a do a monthly sub through an app which I think runs about $8/month. I will give it a few weeks so please let me know if you think it is worth it. Ian McShane is generally pretty awesome.

*S*
spaulding.gif
[img][/img]
Posted May 2, 17
Colonel
Votes:
+29
Admins
15 years service
I gotta know if these seemingly random sex scenes have anything to do with the overarching plot. Like what is the point of them?

*S*
ATFGriff2_zpssqweallq.GIF
Posted May 15, 17 · OP
Corporal
Votes:
+3
I haven't read the book either but as I understand it Bilquis is only briefly mentioned. Perhaps she will play a more prominent role in the TV series. I love the scenes with Anubis and I think Ian McShane is awesome.
Posted May 28, 17
Colonel
Votes:
+22
10 years of service
I find this show interesting but have no idea what it is about.

*S*
Posted May 28, 17
Major
Votes:
+57
10 years of service
Prime Pony
Forgot about this one. Worth adding to the watch list? *S*
HbKD4OB.png
Posted Feb 11, 18
Lieutenant
Votes:
+6
5 years service
It is definitely one of my favorite Starz shows. It has potential and the first season leads up to a good chance of a great second season I feel. Some of my friends are critical of the pacing at the end, but I personally enjoyed it. I am curious on how different the book is to the show, if anyone has gone through both medias.

*S*
Posted Feb 11, 18
Major
Votes:
+1
ROTC
15 years service
Season two stuff is starting to show up, 2019 though.

I have read the book and the series isn't exactly following it. I won't say what cause it can spoil stuff. The book is a very fun read, I had it on my phone and read it casually then found myself blowing through it lol.

I am excited to see how the series takes shape because there is a lot to cover still. I felt the series rushed to this point but it may be the fault of "Hollywood" and getting to a point where people feel the show could hook you. I hope they introduce a lot of the gods!

*S* So far it has been slightly different from the book so it isn't perfectly aligned but it is following the same path. If you have questions on the book PM me, don't want to post spoilers!
Posted May 22, 18
ATF Discord Viewer
ATF Clan
icon Voice Channels
Join Server
NoticeNotices